Saturday, August 6, 2011

Now This, Credit Downgrade

   Two years ago I decided to join this new movement to put my face and thoughts out for everyone to see.  I did not like the way my country was going in regards to all the freedoms given up and all the extra tax burden put on us, the working stiff.  For the last 64 years I, and my family, have been playing by the rules and watching as the rules were changed and disregarded.  My government just kept spending money that was not there while I was on a budget and had to keep cutting back.  I work hard and thought this would be the time in my life I could slow down and reap the rewards of all my years working.  The more you work, the less you get.  Enough is enough.  Stop spending my money.  Let me decide what to spend my money on, your choices have just driven the economy into the ground.  Now, if it is not bad enough, comes the news that some want me to pay for their cell phones because they can not afford to pay for one themselves and to pay for educations for illegal immigrants.
  I have no faith in this government correcting the mess it took them 40 years to create. 
  Take  heed: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach the man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
  Governments do not create jobs, but they do make it harder on those of us that do, oh, the group I joined was The Tea Party and you will be seeing and hearing more from us. We are not the terrorists......not yet!

Investors here in the city and around the globe are trying to determine the economic impact of the first U.S. credit downgrade in history, as fears grow the move could throw an already weak economy onto even shakier ground.
Credit rating agency Standard and Poor's announced last night it is cutting the country's AAA rating by one notch to AA+.
The agency blames the political theater surrounding the recent negotiations to raise the debt ceiling.
It also says the agreed upon $2.1 trillion increase falls short.
S&P had been seeking a longer term deal to lower the deficit by $4 trillion.
"It’s a matter of the medium and long-term budget position of the United States that needs to be brought under control, not the immediate fiscal position. It’s one that centers on entitlements, and it’s entitlement reform or having matching revenues to pay for those entitlements that’s at the crux of the matter," said Standard & Poor's Managing Director John Chambers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published