Friday, February 3, 2012

Keep your hands off my Twinkie please

    When those who worked to "extinguish" cigarette smoking and smokers where successful in making the law that no smoking would be permitted in public places, it was me you heard saying, " and soon they will go after you in your own home."  Freedom is a terrible thing to give up.  It has come so far that now even cities and towns ban cigarette smoking altogether.  The list only got longer from those who know better than you.  Trans fat was next and now sugar has been added to the list, as forewarned. I stopped smoking on my own, yup, no one told me to.  I still like a hamburger once and a while and prefer sugar in my tea instead of that sweetener I use in my coffee.  What is now allowed is people living in the parks, destroying private property, and defacing  historical monuments and buildings with not as much as a citation given????


Lawmaker wants ban on taxpayer-funded ad campaigns against sodas, junk food

 

Want a Twinkie? The government shouldn't spend any money to convince you not to eat it. 
At least, that's the premise behind a bill that was just introduced in Congress. The bill, written by Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn., would prohibit federal money from going toward ad campaigns against foodstuffs and beverages that the feds consider safe and legal. 
"I don't think it's the federal government's (role) to try and regulate people's habits on products that were deemed safe by the FDA," he told FoxNews.com. "The government is reaching too far into our lives in trying to regulate personal habits."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published