Friday, June 3, 2011

The word is cymotrichous......Can you use it in a sentence please?

    I will be the first to admit that spelling was not my highest grade in school.  Because my Mom worked in a factory every day leaving me to care for my younger brothers after school, the need to develop my cooking and organizational skills came first.  My best tutor at the time was my stay at home aunt who lived across the street,  more than happy to on occasion help me study for tests along with helping me with homework. 
   I am glad in this day and age that spelling bees are still in fashion.  Congratulation to Sukanya Roy and her family. It takes hard work and determination to win a spelling bee...........................and also to bake an award winning chocolate cake.
 





Sukanya's winning word was "cymotrichous," which relates to wavy hair. She likes hiking, rock climbing and ice skating, wants to travel and perhaps pursue a career in international relations. She is the fourth consecutive Indian-American to win the bee and the ninth in the last 13 years, a run that began when Nupur Lala captured the crown in 1999 and was later featured in the documentary "Spellbound."
"They look up to that. But I don't know how that impacted her," said Sukanya's farther, Abhijit Roy. "This is not something we pressurized her to do. She wanted to do this by herself, and we basically just helped her along. It's a few years; this didn't happened overnight."



No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published