Thursday, May 24, 2012

Memorial Day......................






THE FINAL INSPECTION (Author Unknown)

  The Soldier stood and faced God, Which must always come to pass.

He hoped his shoes were shining, Just as brightly as his brass.

  'Step forward now, Soldier , How shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek? To My Church have you been true?'

  The soldier squared his shoulders and said, 'No, Lord, I guess I have not.

Because those of us who carry guns, Can't always be a saint

  I've had to work most Sundays, And at times my talk was tough.

And sometimes I've been violent, Because the world is awfully rough.

  But, I never took a penny, That wasn't mine to keep...

Though I worked a lot of overtime, When the bills got just too steep.

  And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear..

And sometimes, God, forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

  I know I don't deserve a place, Among the people here.

They never wanted me around, Except to calm their fears

  If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand.

I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand.

  There was a silence all around the throne, Where the saints had often trod.

As the Soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God.

  'Step forward now, you Soldier, You've borne your burdens well.

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets, You've done your time in Hell.'

************

4 comments:

  1. Yes Linda, that is what I thought and had to share. thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have kept this Nation strong and kept our freedoms because of the blood of our brave patriots. Don't let them down. If Obama gets reelected this Nation that we all love will be finished as we knew it, and you know it.
    And to those who enjoyed and had no problems bashing George Bush for eight years, I say deal with it!

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because of the brave, rough and ready men who stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be signed to be published