Monday, October 31, 2011

We were warned months ago that this would be a dirty campaign

     As the president's numbers start to fall and many who voted for him see the error of their way, look for more political types and politician to start with dirty attacks on front runners in the Republican field of candidates.  I do not know who I will be voting for yet, but I do know our country can not afford four more years of the people now in power. 
   As far as the sexual harassment claim on Herman Cain, I will wait to see what comes of the story.  In all my years, I have been witness to false claims and also know that the party bringing the charges in some cases is the person who sees to it that the settlement includes terms that forbid any of the case be known so the "victim" is free to pursue future job opportunities without any record of such charges of payout.  I also know that our country is "sue" crazy and some see no other way to survive but to play the system and load the courts with frivolous law suits.
  Personal story: I once held a job where the owner of the establishment told me he liked the suit I was wearing and quickly added, "you are not going to sue me for sexual harassment, are you?"   I laughed and took it as a compliment at the time but do know that real sexual harassment does exist.  Years ago certain matters would have been taken care of differently, but we are so much more civilized and better off today, yes????????? 

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain kept his Washington campaign schedule Monday even as his team accused "inside-the-Beltway media" of attacking him with allegations that he sexually harassed two women while he was the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.
In a statement Sunday to The Associated Press, his campaign disputed a Politico report that said Cain had been accused of sexually suggestive behavior toward at least two female employees.
The report said the women signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them five-figure financial payouts to leave the association and barred them from discussing their departures. Neither woman was identified.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published