Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is Ford Being Targeted..............

  We know how this administration is taking over private business like banks, oil  and auto companies.  Ford did not take bail out money and seems to be doing well in this still down economy.  I myself purchased a Ford truck and saw at the time no reason to look for another make.  So when I found this story about OSHA, it made me wonder.   I wonder if OSHA ever goes to inspect oil rigs for safety hazards?

OSHA cited the Ford plant for a willful violation of safety standards. A willful violation, by OSHA’s definition, indicates that the violation was committed "with plain indifference to or intentional disregard for worker safety and health." The citation carries a proposed fine of $70,000. The automotive plant has 15 days from receipt of its citation and proposed penalties to comply, contest the findings or meet with an area OSHA director.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published