Thursday, April 22, 2010

TODAY IS EARTH DAY....HAVE YA HEARD

      Today is earth day, which to me is the same as yesterday and the day before.  I have been on this earth for many a year and thank my God for that privilege every day.  I think everyday should be a day to be kind to one and other and to give thanks for the gifts of this earth and for hopes of further gifts and privileges.  Let's not go overboard with this mantra though.  I hate to be told what to do, when to do, and how to do.


This 'Green My Parents' site gives me pause.

launching this Earth Day is  a nationwide effort to inspire and organize kids to lead their families in measuring and reducing environmental impact at home. Not just on Earth Day, but every day. GMP’s initial goal is to have its first 100 youth advocates train and educate 100 peers (who will then turn to 100 of their respective peers and so on), with the aim of saving families $100 million between now and April 2011.


I guess I am old fashioned in some respect....  I want to see these small children holding a ball or a doll, and not holding a cabbage....there will be plenty of time for that later and maybe they can learn to plant a garden with a parent or Nana before they are told what, when, and how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published