Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quote The Raven Nevermore?


   I love birds.  With many bird feeders in my back yard, accompanied by a birdbath, I feed them everyday.  I know they would certainly get on fine without me but... Blue Jays await my tossing of the bread crumbs every morning.
 Anyway, I also believe in this age of overspending by our government that maybe some grants and projects receiving our money should get another look and should be eliminated altogether.  Case in Point:

WELLFLEET - Federal scientists are planning to use deception and poison to protect endangered piping plovers from predatory crows on some Cape Cod beaches.
The Cape Cod National Seashore will work with the U.S. Department of Agriculture this spring to create fake plover nests on two beaches and fill them with hard-boiled chicken eggs that have been laced with poison. Biologist Mary Hake said crows are the number one predator of plover eggs. She says eliminating crows would let the seashore reduce its protection of plovers at some beaches.

Who picks and chooses the birds, animals, babies to live or to die and at
what cost????  I know, this is not front page news but it is a sad story in
many ways and nature will take it's course with or without us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published