Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Letter from Ted Kennedy

  

  With the election on Tuesday I thought this would be a good time to post the letter I received back in August 2009 in response to my letter to all my elected officials on why I wanted  them to vote no on  Obamacare.  At least my name was spelled correctly...............God rest Mr. Kennedy's soul and may the seat he held for too many years be soon occupied by Mr. Scott Brown.




Dear Mrs. Allain:  

Thank you for your letter on health care reform, which has always been one of my top priorities in the Senate.

In recent weeks, I've been working with my colleagues in Congress and President Obama's team to develop legislation that will have bipartisan support and will guarantee quality, affordable health care for all Americans and their families. I'm hopeful that such legislation will have broad support in the new Congress and the new administration.
          
I've long been a supporter of such reform. It's been more than 40 years since Congress enacted Medicare and Medicaid to guarantee good health care for the elderly and the poor, and all other Americans deserve the same guarantee.
          
Although the details of our legislation have not yet been determined, we are making significant progress and I look forward very much to working on this important legislation in the new Congress.



Sincerely,
Edward M. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be signed to be published