Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pass the Salt













You might think this a silly and a non issue but I see it as someone else telling me how to live my life and making choices for me.

City officials said that people don't realize the salt content of the things they buy in the supermarket. For example, potato chips you would think are the saltiest thing in the store but they have only 180 milligrams per serving. Turkey meatballs, on the other hand, have 660 milligrams per serving. Marble cake has 300 per serving and chicken noodle soup has nearly 1,400 milligrams of salt per serving.

   When the Obamacare socialized medicine is law it won't only be the 'older'  citizen that will be scrutinized.  It's all in the name of health so why would anyone question it.  Health is not the issue, choice is the issue, and how gets to make those choices............" No Soup For You" 

1 comment:

  1. I am not against labeling food...even in restaurants. This allows people to make an educated decision as to their eating habits, but telling me what is good for me and changing what I can consume is overboard. It is marxism. A shining example of a nanny state.

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be signed to be published